Print This Page
Back-End Web Developer
Synapse Marketing Solutions, a leading provider of marketing and business growth solutions for best-in-class companies throughout the United States, is seeking a Back-End Web Developer to add to our growing team.
As a Back-End Web Developer, you’ll be a key member of our team as you work closely with our strategists, interactive and creative teams to design and develop cutting-edge websites and application prototypes, using modern web compliance standards with a heavy focus on user experience design.
The right person for this position will have experience with the following projects:
- PHP Development
- Database Queries and Development
- Website Coding, Maintenance, and Modification
- eCommerce Website Development
- Search Engine Optimization a plus
Simply put, we are looking for top talent - the best of the best. This is a challenging, rewarding, high energy position with an excellent opportunity for career growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
The Back-End Web Developer will have:
- High level of knowledge of website coding and structures with a heavy focus on PHP programming.
- Hands-on experience with database building, modification, form creation and other application development is highly desirable.
- Experience in WordPress and Ecommerce.
- Ability to work within defined timelines based on internal project milestones.
- Maintain familiarity with, and adhere to, brand style and site framework guidelines per Synapse’s creative and user experience teams and documentation.
- Consult with clients and internal stakeholders on applications, information and content structure, user interface and presentation.
- Document and communicate project updates to internal Account Management teams.
- Work with strategy team to ensure Web specifications, requirements and timelines are met.
- Experience with Database queries and modifications.
- A desire to learn new development skills and practices.
- Experience with ASP is a plus, as is experience with other server side languages and databases.
The ideal candidate for the Back End Web Developer position will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred in Web Development, Computer Science or similar discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Developer.
- Server-side coding in PHP. (preferred experience with Object-Oriented programming)
- Experience with Database queries, design and development.
- Experience with at least one Content Management System and eCommerce shopping cart platform using a payment gateway.
- Work experience within an agency setting is a plus.
- Ability to consistently perform and learn in a high demand environment.
If you like people and desire variety in your work, this is the position for you. You’ll be a critical part of a team that’s dedicated to ensuring that Synapse continues to meet our client commitments.
Synapse is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for. While we don’t get bogged down in a lot of corporate red tape, we are looking for people that work well with others, provide input and ideas to enhance our client projects, are detail-oriented, are trustworthy and responsible, and behave in a respectful manner. If you’re rude, don’t play well with others, are disorganized, lack common sense, or thrive on drama, Synapse isn’t the place for you.
Synapse offers an outstanding working environment, creative and entrepreneurial atmosphere, a wide range of benefits (including healthcare premium reimbursement, paid vacations and holiday time, and company-matched retirement benefits) and competitive salary.
Submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.